Destin Fishing Rodeo
The Destin Fishing Rodeo is a terrific opportunity to enjoy Destin while catching a load of fish. The Destin Fishing Rodeo runs the whole month of October from October 1 through October 31. Entrance fees are as high as $300 per fishing boat but, if you enter the fishing tournament by fishing from the BackDown II then your fishing tournament entry fee is free!
October is a great time to fish out of Destin, Florida. The weather is cooler. The crowds are smaller. It is easier to get a hotel room and the lines at the restaurants all but disappear.
Some information about the Destin Fishing Rodeo:
- Open Everyday – October 1st through October 31st.
- The Rodeo is FREE to angler’s fishing aboard a registered boat in the Rodeo.
- Weigh-ins everyday on the docks at A.J.’s Seafood & Oyster Bar
from 10 am until 7 pm.
- Open to Private and Charter Boats.
- Fishing on pier bridge jetty is free for anglers 14 years and younger.
A $25 fee is required for anglers 15 and over.
- Over 30,000 anglers compete throughout the month of October.
- Over $100,000 awarded in cash and prizes.
- Daily, weekly and overall prizes.
- Junior, Teen, Ladies and Senior Divisions.
- Virtually every gamefish is recognized with awards during the Rodeo. Whether you’re trolling inshore for King Mackerel, offshore for Marlin and Sailfish, or fishing the deep bottoms for Red Snapper and Grouper, you’ll be in the running for prizes.
To learn more visit Destin Fishing Rodeo.